"Her and Her Episodes" Acrylic on paper... All content copyright! 2005 - 2017 and so on, and on, and on....

Monday, March 06, 2006

Semiahmoo Bay, White Rock, British Columbia, Canada. © 2006

LETTING GO

To “let go” does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can’t do it for someone else.

To “let go” is not to cut myself off,
it is the realization I can’t control another.

To “let go” is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences.

To “let go” is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome in not in my hands.

To “let go” is not to try to change or blame another,
it’s to make the most of myself.

To “let go” is not to care for, but to care about.

To “let go” is not fix, but be supportive.

To “let go” is not to judge,
but to allow one another to be a human being.

To “ let go” is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.

To “let go” is not to be protective,
it’s to permit another face reality.

To “let go” is not to deny, but to accept.

To “let go” is not to nag, scold or argue,
but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

To “let go” is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.

To “let go” is to fear less and love more!


- Author unknown at this time -

(This was a handout at some workshop I took years ago,
I wish the author would have been indicated.
Should you have such information, please let me know,
as I strongly believe in acknowledgements.)

No comments: