"Her and Her Episodes" Acrylic on paper... All content copyright! 2005 - 2017 and so on, and on, and on....

Thursday, October 26, 2006

S.O.S. * Where to hang? Or, not to hang

I only got one rule – sort of – for hanging a single piece at eye level, never higher.If there is a grouping I might bend the rule depending on the size.


Oils - Mine circa 1976 - Hanging in "my office space"

Charcoal sketch by Gábor Lasszner - Hanging in my office/studio space

A/P Print "Subtle Power" by Andrew Kiss - it won a Nat. Wildlife Award in 1986? It hangs over my "buffet".

I had an apartment where wall space was at a premium and ended up using an entire wall floor to ceiling to display most of my paintings. It was COOL!
Play around with the arrangements.
Check out some art magazines. Draw the out their outline on paper… If it does not work, there is always putty!

Art IS “part” of our lives…
I like art everywhere – no restrictions. It is more fun that way!

cont. bellow

4 comments:

Katie McKenna said...

I love this one of the "cat"! One of my totems.

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Welcome Katie

The powerful cougar!
How extraordinary to have it as a totem!!!
I love big cats - well, let's say they are waaaay on top of my list, as I love all animals ands other critters...

This was a wonderful piece and a low edition under 200.
It sold out rapidly. I was fortunate to be gifted with it and have a personal "remark" by the artist.

Hope you'll visit again.
Love and joy to you

krystyna said...

Hi Angel!
Yes, I think - to hang at eye level is better.
Hanging in your office space is the best!
Greetings to you!

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Ohhh.. "everywhere" IS best
:)