"Her and Her Episodes" Acrylic on paper... All content copyright! 2005 - 2017 and so on, and on, and on....

Monday, April 18, 2011

Politics? Liberals? What's a blond to do in White Rock?

So, what am going to do?!

I did not attend the candidate nominating meeting, somehow that Sunday evening meeting around the corner just flew out of my head, therefore, I almost feel guilty to utter an opinion! Then, I read in the paper who got nominated (OMG!) and elected (OOOHMG!!!) will not say his name....

Here I am a card holding Liberal. A die hard Liberal. One, that has been asked to run for MP many years ago, when we were in office... when we were still a respected bunch (if not for Alberta!)... Now, facing a crucial election with a wonderfully worldly, charming intellectual as Mr Ignatieff at the helm and, a White Rock-South Surrey candidate, none of which I feel could/would hold the job.
One, because does not know how to be a leader/is not a leader - one is born into that sort of thing... (Or, bluffs or bullies his way into it, as Harper did.)
The other, well... from personal experience in a committee/public setting (I had to remove myself from due to his unacceptable behavior) I concluded - he - was a barbarian.
Most certainly, not the one to represent me - or anyone else - god forbid!

So, to add further distress to the ongoing dilemma is this... when I volunteer on voting day at the polling station, do I kill myself first?
~ * ~
(If I would have labels, this will be under "Things that come back to bite you in the ass")

4 comments:

Edilberto González Trejos - Autor said...

It is always nice to come back to your blog.

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Thank you, sweetie.
I shall come to yourssssssssss - lol

So much nicer in bloglandia!

pilgrimchick said...

Friends of mine in Canada were mentioning this election--I hoep the outcome for you is better than it has been, in a similar case, in my home state.

Alicia M B Ballard StudioGaleria said...

Not really my dear, we got the same as before.
However, Harper's popularity overall isn't good ad with his arrogance he won;t be able to contain during these next four years - assures us of a monumental, resounding change to come.
We are (have to move towards social democracy, particularly now that we have managed to kill the liberal party...
Remember my prediction.
I am hoping for a model similar of that of Holland - it need time to ripen.